|Star Wars Old Republic Trooper|
Jace Malcom - first appeared as an unnamed Old Republic Commando with a proclivity for an Armstech modified Assault Cannon called the "Havoc's Fist" - which made him cool - in the BioWare/LucasArts Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) MMORPG trailer entitled "Hope" (Voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, The Cleveland Show, The Batman).
This was the guy dumb (?) enough to go take on Darth Malgus with a knife, and who later detonated a flashbang grenade while holding it (It really messed up his face).
The unnamed Old Republic Trooper would return in....well... the SWTOR MMORPG trailer entitled "Return" and Bioware//LucasArts started using him more and more for promotional purposes. Jace Malcom was finally named by Bioware's Lead Writer Charles Boyd in an interview regarding the Guinness Record winning game.
We should note that the events in "Return" occur before the events in "Hope"
MORE AFTER THE JUMP
You know who else appears in the Old Republic video game?
Darth Revan and Jedi Knight Bastilla Shan's descendant, Satele Shan - Satele and Jace would later become intimate and they would have a son Theron (But Satele never revealed this to him fearing his unpredictability).
Mandalorian bad-ass Shae Vizla, and "Please stop blowing my face off Darth Malgus."
WHAT'S TO LIKE ABOUT THE STAR WARS OLD REPUBLIC TROOPER JACE MALCOM ACTION FIGURE?
FIRST: Well you can do this, but it's a lot of work - more work than lighting up a light-saber.
- We like how he looks like a Clone Trooper - which endears him to collectors who are not players of SWTOR.
- We like how he's NOT a Clone Trooper and is generic enough to troop build.
- You can remove his bandoleer - which is attached to his left shoulder pauldron
- You can remove the knife and sheath attached to his left hip
- You can remove the ammunition pack attached to his bandoleer
- You can remove his helmet.
- The holster for his pistol/flare-gun is fixed.
|Just a Trooper|
- We like how you can remove his helmet and the detailing that went into his face. If you watched the video-links above then you know that Jace Malcom likes to fight without his helmet and that his face was already pretty banged up til he blew up a flash-grenade in his hand. Most of the pre-grenade scarring is already there. So, personally, Satele was probably right not to tell him they had a son.
|Jace Malcom liked to fiight au naturel|
- We love the Armstech modified Assault Cannon: "Havoc's Fist" Personally we would rather he had a back-pack for a power source - though Jace did fire quite a good number of rounds before he had to ditch the weapon, a little more via a back pack power-pack, would have been helpful. As such it was still powerful enough to hurt Darth Malgus and it looks cool in his hands.
|Thumpity Thump Thump|
- When the Havoc's Fist finally runs out of thumpity-thump-thump, and the Old Republic Troopers don't have the time to reload, they can fall back on their pistol - we prefer to think of it as a pistol, but in reality it's a flare gun. Maybe it's both.
- Yes the trooper can keel - a bit.
- And of course there's the knife - when you absolutely, positively, have to take down a Sith Lord:
|I can't move my hips|
- The lack of hip articulation. A gun this heavy should demand that you spread your legs and brace. Jace Malcom can do no such thing. Bit of a bummer considering he looks so cool only to fail when you want him to look macho.
- No real secondary weapon.
- The price. A brand new Star Wars Expanded Universe Old Republic Trooper retails on Amazon for a whopping US$ 174 (Roughly PhP 8,700 plus shipping). We don't know if this is because of its rarity or because of public's demand for a really cool troop builder. For US$ 174 you can alternately get the 7 figure Star Wars: 'Republic Commando Delta Squad' Internet Exclusive Action Figures Box Set. Darth Revan only sells for US$ 164, so Jace Malcom has him beat. It's ludicrous.
This particular figure was gained via barter for an R2-KT.